Saturday, March 31, 2012

What I Like About SPRING...

I wrote out a whole post last night and scheduled it, but it was just me ranting. There was no substance to it. In a nutshell, the post was about how I learned yesterday of the death of my second cousin's husband, as well as the death of one of my sister's classmates in high school. Two deaths in one day.

I went home this weekend to be with my family. I could go on and on about how sad I feel, how not only have I lost my grandpa and high school counselor this year, but now these other two people. But I'm not going to do that. When I wrote a diary in high school, I promised myself that I would always remain positive in all my entries, and the same is going to go for this blog. Being positive is key, I feel, for your mental well being.


So. Onto today's post! SPRING!


Everyone's been posting their favorite things about spring (it was a Top 5 Tuesday question last week), so I thought I would too. Thought it would cheer me up!

1. Iced. Coffee. Drinks.



I'm going to die one of these days from my coffee addiction. It's gonna happen...all the caffeine is going to give me a heart attack or something. I love hot coffee, but iced coffee? EVEN BETTER. I don't want to look like the Campus Crazy, walking around Loyola with an iced coffee drink in the middle of winter when it's -2 degrees. So finally, the time of year has come where it's actually acceptable to drink iced coffee without looking like a lunatic.

2. Floral Dresses
From Forever 21, H&M and Lilly Pulitzer respectively. Aren't they cute? 'Nuff said.

3. Shamrock Shakes


I got to volunteering an hour early on Wednesday. They have a McDonalds in the hospital I volunteer at, which I don't understand at all. Let's put the restaurant partly responsible for child obesity in the children's hospital. Great idea. Anyway, I can't complain much because I grabbed a Shamrock Shake and experienced an hour of bliss. I tell myself that they're healthy because they're minty, an argument that doesn't make any sense at all. But it helps.

4. Easter Eggs

I love decorating (and searching for) easter eggs. I'm not too old for them yet! And I've seen so many cool ideas on Pinterest for non tradition easter egg decorating. These glitter easter eggs are my favorite though, and I want to try them this year.

5. TV Show Finales
Everyone knows that crazy stuff happens during TV show finales. I mean, the Lost finales? Grey's Anatomy finales? I don't want to spoil anyone, and I don't know a better way to describe it: shit goes down.

I haven't been watching as much TV as I used to, and two of my favorite TV shows have already had their AMAZING spring finales. In Pretty Little Liars, they announced who "A" was (no, I'm not going to tell you). I don't know how they're going to keep the show going now that the secret is out, but hopefully they'll find a way.

In The Walking Dead, I feel like everyone died in the last few episodes or so. Almost all of my favorite characters were killed off! Once again, don't want to spoil anything, but the show left off on a hang that will make me tune in next fall.


What are your favorite things about spring? And is my attempt at trying be positive through all of this working?

16 comments:

  1. love starbucks as well and that floral print dress is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's so lucky that my school offers Starbucks coffee as part of our meal plan :D I don't know what I'd do without it.

      Delete
  2. Such a great post, great reasons to love spring!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Just checked out your blog and I love it. I'm obsessed with Italy and its fashion world. And I get to visit Rome in the summer, which I can't wait for. I followed you :)

      Delete
  3. I love floral dresses. I live in them when it is hot outside. The one from H&M is so unique. And I have a new obsession with iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the dress is really unique. I saw it in the store but didn't think I could pull it off. Still, I love the print!

      Delete
  4. Those easter eggs are sooo cute. And hardcore, and I would totally find a way to mess them up.
    I really love floral dresses, and have been keeping my eye out for one that I like and wouldn't look like a shirt on me. :)
    Shamrock shakes - I've actually never had one, but I've heard they're delish!

    I'm sorry about all the loss you've had to deal with lately. But yes, you did a pretty good job of keeping it positive today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my mom even said we're going hardcore for easter egg decorating this year...we're going to make 3 dozen of them next weekend!

      I love floral dresses too, but I usually go for ones that have a little shape to them and clinch in the waist. Otherwise, like you, they look like t-shirts on me :/

      I'm glad my positiveness worked!

      Delete
  5. i love all of the dresses you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the spring fashion!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love spring fashion (and I love the title of your blog, by the way!)

      Delete
  7. Oh my God :D you are just like me about the coffee, but I already have the side effects. So keep your magnesium levels high and you will be fine (low magnesium leads eg. to arrythmia which I sometimes experience when I lose control of taking magnesium, because I can't stop drinking coffee, never!), apart from this coffee does a lot of good to us!:)

    The McDonald's part gave me quite a laugh, but the location in a hospital indeed is tragic.
    And after I find a perfect pair of Sperry's (or an equivalent) I definitely need a new floral dress, you're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God I'm not the only one who has a coffee problem! Thanks for the advice about magnesium. I know that drinking all the coffee isn't good for me, especially at such a young age, so I should probably start taking some vitamin supplements to combat this.

      Yeah, the McDonalds in the hospital is very ironic. At least they're moving in June, and they were smart enough not to include a McDonalds in the new hospital :)

      Delete
  8. Love the print dress! sorry for your loss ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky