Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Break in an Eggshell

The three days went by so fast! Here's the gist of my extended weekend.


Cinnamon Challenge

 I'm obviously still 12, because I tried the Cinnamon Challenge this weekend. For those of you who don't know, the challenge is to swallow a whole teaspoon of cinnamon without any water.

Yeah...that's impossible.
This video from GloZell on Youtube has gone viral. I wanted to try the challenge because I thought surely this lady was exaggerating.


She's not. The stuff literally gets stuck in your throat and burns--you feel like you can't breathe. I spit out cinnamon all over the kitchen and had to vacuum it up. KT thought I was being dramatic and had to try for herself. That didn't work out too well either.

Reading

Yep, two English books that I procrastinated on reading couldn't wait to finish. The girl on the cover of Uncle Silas seriously freaks me out. She looks like the girl from Orphan.




Essay Writing




I was obviously very productive on those two essays I needed to finish.



Hanging Out With the Fam


We watched Persepolis together over the weekend. The movie is about a girl growing up in Iran during the 1970s, which is a time of turmoil and revolutions. It was a good thing my parents watched the movie with me--they remember the war Iran had with Iraq in the early 80s, so they explained the controversy for me. I feel very naive when it comes to problems in the Middle East, and I want to read more books about all the issues going on over there.

Sunday I had Easter brunch with my extended family at an Irish pub. I don't know if it's just me, but when I think of Ireland, it doesn't scream out "Easter" to me. But the food was good and I got to be with my family.


And now it's back to the grind. Hope everybody had wonderful breaks! Tell me if you did anything fun this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Easter break! And ewww, I definitely couldn't swallow that cinnamon! I bet it's so strong!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you made me laugh so hard at this cinnamon challenge and the girl's vid. I'd never think of a challenge like that :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky