I like planning out my posts in advance because I never know when I'll be busy or not. I try to post everyday (except Saturdays), so I started scheduling posts using a binder that I made.
Ta-da! I filled it with printable, free pages from LivingLocurto.com that help you keep a calendar of your blog posts. The calendar can be found here.
Here's what one of my (half filled-out) pages looks like:
- As you can see, I write the post topic under the day of the week that I plan to schedule it. I strikethrough it when the post is written and scheduled on Blogger
- I put boxes to check off when I've replied to every comment of that post and when I've visited everyone's blogs back
- The middle box on the right is where I list the "blog hops" I plan to join that week
- Above that is a "to-do" box where I write down if I still have to make any images for a blog post that week
- The bottom righthand box is a place to put ideas for the following week
Does anyone else have a similar system? Do you like planning your posts in advance or do you write them spur of the moment?