Sunday, August 5, 2012

Promod: a European Alternative to H+M

Have any of you heard of the store Promod? Probably not a lot of you...apparently it doesn't exist in the U.S. (yet!) I was so excited to discover this shop when I was over in Italy this past summer.

To me, the shop reminds me the most of H&M's style aesthetics, with perhaps a more girly approach. There were a lot of dresses and skirts, each featuring lace accents or pastel colors. Apparently it's French-inspired.


I had to go shopping for some dresses in order to enter some of the churches we were required to go to for our class. All the churches have a rule that you can't wear anything that goes above the knees. Because I brought a ton of shorts with me, I needed a longer dress that would let me in the churches but keep me from dying of the heat!

LYD: Little Yellow Dress


I love this yellow dress and got so many compliments on it! It did seem to run a little big size-wise, but the neon yellow belt helped it retain some shape. In Rome, I paired it up with a small white sweater and  sandals to make it fancy enough for all of the churches. Here in the U.S., though, I've been pairing it with my jean jacket, simple sneakers or TOMS and a tote to make it a little less formal.

I also bought this dress and paired it with similar accessories (hey, I was in Rome...did't bring many shoes and jewelry with me!)


Lace Mini Skirt


This was by far my favorite purchase of the trip! I LOVE this lace skirt (and somehow made it into the churches while wearing it, even though it doesn't quite make it to the knees!) The store recommended you wearing it with the red satin shirt pictured, but instead I wore it with layered pink and white Gap tanks. I also wore it with my trusty white sandals, a pearl barrette and a St. Cecilia necklace I bought at the Vatican.

If you love the French design aesthetic and are going to Europe anytime soon, definitely check Promod out! I highly recommend it.

16 comments:

  1. Love the LYD. And the lace skirt. My style is rather girly, so these are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lace skirt has got to be my favorite. I only wish they had these stores in the U.S.!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this shop before but I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It was such a cool shop that I wanted to let others know about it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful stuff! Reminds me a bit of Zara, but I would love to see this shop come stateside!

    -Devon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot like Zara, but a little smaller. I also think the prices might be a little lower, but that could just be because I never got the whole Euro/US dollar conversion right, haha.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it too! And I got so many compliments on it.

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfits! Found your blog through a blog hop! Would you like to follow each other?

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kassica. I would love to follow you. I'm going to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  6. I really like the second dress. I hope you enjoyed your trip. Sounds as if shopping was a blast.
    Found your blog over at FBH. New follower here.
    http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I wasn't sure about it when I bought it, but it's growing on me. I loved my trip, and the shopping was a blast! Going to check out out and follow you back now.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Would love to check them out whilst I am still on vacation here in England. Hope you are enjoying your your summer.
    Finding you a great blogger,I just nominated you for The Liebester Award.
    You can go here to receive it:http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com/2012/08/my-liebster-award.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out. That's so cool that you're in England right now, during the Olympics and everything.

      THANKS SO MUCH for the award! That's so kind of you. Going to check it out now :)

      Delete
  8. Never heard of it but I love the colors it has! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest posts and enter to win my giveaway!

    peacelovedecor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors too! Going to check out your blog now!

      Delete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky