Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rome Outfits #1

I don't know if I wrote this on my blog yet, but I'm going to study abroad in ROME for five weeks this summer! You can't imagine how excited I am. I've never been out of the country before...I mean, c'mon, Canada doesn't count, especially since I was eight at the time and we only drove ten miles across the border before turning back. 

I'm counting down the days in my school planner until my plane takes off, but until then I've been doing a lot of preparation for the trip. And one of those preparations, of course, includes shopping.

I went to H&M today and bought a ton of cute clothes. Here is one of my favorite outfits that I came up with:

You can see the details by going to my Polyvore account, http://www.preppypremed.polyvore.com. This is  an outfit I'd wear exploring the city. All the blues in the outfit reminded me of the pictures I'd seen of the Trevi fountain, which is one of the first sights I want to see (anyone remember that Lizzie McGuire movie where Lizzie goes to visit Rome and makes a wish in the Trevi fountain and all her dreams come true? Anyone? No?)

The one thing I'm having problems with: deciding what shoes I'm going to bring to Rome. I'm going to be walking A LOT, and I've heard horror stories from relatives who've traveled around Europe and came back with sores as big as quarters on their feet due to poor footwear choices. Anybody know of any cute, comfortable walking shoes I can buy? Help!!!

--Becky

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds so incredibly exciting!! And you can bet the first thing I'd be excited about is what I was gonna wear, haha! I'm stopping in from 20SB (I noticed you're a new member) and wanted to say welcome, Becky! I hope you'll be blogging through your adventures in Rome, gotta see that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome, Naomi! Yeah, as you can tell, I'm pretty excited about what I'm going to wear there, haha. But I'm just as excited to see all the sights, and I'm definitely going to be blogging about them.

      Delete
  2. Have fun in Rome! I really love your outfit and bold purse.For shoes, I really think you should stick to flats or comfortable sneakers, because they are easy to pack and to walk in. Flat boots would work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asilia, I definitely will! Yeah I think I'm going to stick to mostly flats for Rome and then just bring some sneakers with me...they're not the most stylish, but after all the walking I'm going to do, I'd rather take comfort over style.

      Delete
  3. How much fun! You're going to have a great time. And fabulous outfit! Love that nail polish color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie! I think I love the nail polish the most out of the whole outfit, haha.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are going to have a great summer. I love Rome. I posted a picture of St. Peters for Wordless Wednesday a few weeks ago. If you have a button or link that you would like to swap let me know. Visit me at loveitor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! I will visit your blog right away. I don't have a button to swap yet, but as soon as I make one I'll let you know!

      Delete
  5. Just creeped on your polyvore account - I love the set titled, "Walking Rome's Streets." My parents took me to Italy for 3 weeks when I graduated high school. That outfit it perfect! You don't want to stand out in jeans and a tee and look like an American tourist.. at least I don't ;) And your outfit selections look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky