Monday, April 23, 2012

One Direction: If Only I Was 13 Again...

I have another regret for you all. I regret that I missed out on the "boy band" craze.


I was too young when Backstreet Boys and NSYNC* were big. I vaguely remember them being popular,   but I must've been only six or seven.


I do love this video of two boys lip-syncing to to "I Want It That Way". They're pretty good (and I love the random guy in the background on his computer, ignoring the whole thing!)

And now I'm too old for the new boy band craze. I'm talking about One Direction, of course.


Have you all heard of them? They're the new boy band, all under 20. Their music video is actually really cute!

My roommate and I are obsessed with this song--it's just so innocent and sweet, unlike most of the songs you hear nowadays. We've joked about going to see them in concert...we'd be surrounded by 13-year-olds.

Via

Needless to say, they're my new "guilty pleasure" band. Anybody have any guilty-pleasure music you listen to?

7 comments:

  1. Honestly, while they are not that great, they are adorable. It is so nice to hear lighter songs that are innocent. I was actually planning to feature this song today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way vis a vis One Direction - I feel stupid for listening to them when I'm 18 and all the rest of their fans are teeny boppers but their melodies are all so darn catchy! I can't help but sing along :S The only 'boy-band' I'm really into is Mcfly - totally love them :D

    My ultimate guilty pleasure band is country/southern music - I get odd looks from my friends when they scroll through my iPod - guess I'm just southern at heart lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm 20, so only one of them is older than me...the rest are 1-1.5 years younger. it's embarassing but i've totally jumped on the 1D bandwagon...secretly, mind you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love listening to boy band music! It's so fun
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i them! i posted their song a few weeks back - it's too catchy! i am slightly older than you, i guess, and i was a huuuuuge 98* fan - talk about another embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, have you heard of The Wanted? we are NOT too old for boy bands!! ; ) America is the only place with a huge music industry that is no longer interested in boy bands. Look at the UK, look at Korea...but yea i remember the good ol days of Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Boyz II Men, 98 degrees, Hanson, New Kids on the Block...The Wanted "Glad you Came" is my guilty boy band pleasure right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness someone shares this guilty pleasure with me. I've been so into their music lately and they're definitely not too bad to look at either ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky