Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Update: Rhythm and BOOMS!

Linking up with Sam at Sam's Shenanigans for her Weekend Update Blog Hop!

Everyone has a 4th of July tradition. For us, we spend the Saturday before the 4th going to a local baseball game and then to Madison's fireworks spectacle: Rhythm and Booms. We've been doing this for years. Only difference between this year and the past years? It was freakin' HOT outside. The temperature was around 96 degrees when we started watching the game.


"Tailgating" with Garret's popcorn...in the sanctuary of our air-conditioned car.


Katie and I at the game.


Every year around the 5th inning a bunch of people randomly jog through the stadium...in drag. Obviously there's a reason that these men are clad in red dresses, but despite 6 years of attending the game we haven't figured that out yet.

Towards the end Katie got really dizzy and had stomach pains (we think it was heat exhaustion), so we skipped the fireworks and headed home to watch the new Arthur movie. Surprisingly, Russell Brand can be really funny.


Sunday we all packed up the car because I start my summer class and research at Loyola on Tuesday. It seems like all I do these days is pack, unpack, pack, unpack. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to going back to Chicago--I just want to spend some more time with my family here in Wisconsin. But whatever--we all gotta do what we gotta do.


This truck is my GRANDPA's, meaning it's old. Very old. My dad drives it down to Chicago for his work all the time, so I trust him that it won't break down once we hit the highways.


The table for my dorm that my dad made me in his garage workshop! I can't believe he just whipped this up without using a pattern or anything. So cool!

Hope you all had good weekends! 

2 comments:

  1. Aside from the heat and school starting, sounds like a great weekend! That's so cool your dad made the table for you!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly been having fun times Becky! Lovely pictures. Your dad did a great job with the table. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog. I am now a new Follower. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky