Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Emergency Backpack Kit + Pencil Pouch Organization

Remember when I posted about what I carry around in my backpack? Well, if you thought I was obsessive-compulsive then, wait until I show you my Emergency Backpack Kit. 

What is it? A makeup bag that I fill up with all the essentials you never know if you'll need or not while in class, at the library or at work. Yes, it's a little intense, but at least I'm always prepared!

Emergency Backpack Kit

The essentials:


  • Makeup bag to hold it all
  • Mini stapler
  • Mini comb and mirror (the Chicago wind kills  my hair!)
  • Hair ties: I'm loving the satin hair ties that are all the rage.
  • Pencil sharpener
  • Lipgloss
  • Scrap paper
  • Post-it Notes
  • Lip Balm: My favorite is Burt's Bees
  • White-out
  • Aspirin/Advil
  • Bandaid
  • Calculator
  • Extra erasers
  • Gum
  • Hand lotion and sanitizer: I love Bath and Body Works products, such as this Shea Cashmere lotion and their Pocket Bacs. They're perfect for winter!
To finish out the school supply posts, I also wanted to share with you what I put in my pencil pouch. It's pretty simple, but it does the trick!


Pencil Pouch Organization

Pencil Pouch Organization by preppypremed on Polyvore

The essentials:
  • Pencil pouch: I'm in love with FallInDesign's pencil pouch here, but usually I just get slider pencil cases. They're only $.69 at Target!
  • Colorful pens: Besides having your basic black and blue pens, I also use a few different colored ones to color-code my assignments and such
  • Highlighters: You've got to get Tul highlighters! I got them in my Christmas stocking last year and I love them. They're long-lasting, unlike some of the cheaper highlighters I've used.
  • Post-It Tabs: Definitely necessary to mark your place in one of your huge textbooks.
And this ends the back to school posts! Whew.

Did I miss anything? What are some of your school essentials?

12 comments:

  1. You are prepared for anything girl! Good for you! I always have hair ties, and advil on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yup! Guess it's just my type-A personality. I always need to be prepared for everything! And advil is a must--I carry it with me everywhere, just in case of a headache or something.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try that highlighter brand-mine always dry out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I gotta hand it to my parents, they chose a good stocking stuffer for me, haha.

      Delete
  3. I always always carry hair ties and bobby pins along with plasters and lip balm in my bag! And having a sharpie in my pencil case has become a necessity for labwork that's just stuck with me I guess! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot bobby pins! I have a few of those in my pouch as well. And this year I had to pick up a few sharpies for labwork too. We use them to write on the test tubes and such.

      Delete
  4. I always keep some nice smelling hand sanitizer with me. BBW has great 5 for $5 deals so picked some up. :) I use pentel's Clic Eraser. I seem to use up erasers on pencils too quickly and I hate the traditional pink erasers. They're really handy and you can get refills for them. :)

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE BBW's hand sanitizers! I have to check out to see when their next 5 for $5 deal is...I could always use some extra PocketBacs for presents and such. And I've never heard of pent el's Clic Eraser. I've got to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. I ALWAYS have yummy smelling sanitizers with me. I also keep hair ties and ponies "just in case" And always , always have band-aids!

    New follower form the weekend blog hop. Following you though GFC and and Pinterest. I would love follows back.

    Have a great evening! Julie from Stlavonlady - a cat, girl, man and me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy smelling sanitizers can just make a person's day. And hair ties/bandaids are a definite must...never know when you'll need them!

      Thanks for the follow! Just followed you back :)

      Delete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky