Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weird News Wednesday

My sister and I have an ongoing Facebook thread where we share with each other all the strange articles we find online. We consider it bonding time, since we're now 6 hours away from each other and both busy with classes. Here are a few of our recent "weird news" discoveries I want to share with you. Maybe they'll make you smile!


Okay, I have trouble believing this one. How did the baggage handlers not hear the cat meowing while? Better yet, how did the OWNERS not hear the cat screeching when they were putting their luggage in the car to drive to the airport? This is one sneaky cat, my friends, one sneaky cat...


It's gotta be the world's most expensive diet. And it can't be healthy for you at all. Okay, so Starbucks does sell items other than coffee, but they can't be that good for you. The article says she sometimes ate only around 800 calories a day, so basically the Starbucks had nothing to do with it: she just limited the amount of food she ate. 


Guys, Willy Wonka's factory really exists--it just makes Tootsie Rolls instead of Wonka bars. And it's in Chicago! Which means my goal in life is to find it and learn how many licks it does take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop.


Come on, people. I don't care if he's bringing in money from all the tourists wanting to see him, this is just too weird. What happens when he dies? Will  you choose another cat, or will you try for a more diverse candidate and vote in a canine instead?

This is actually really cool. This woman is in her 80s and still doing runway shows. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to look that good when I'm 80, let alone doing fashion shows. I'll be watching reruns on TV and knitting sweaters.
Do you have any weird news to report?

2 comments:

  1. 10 hours in a suitcase!!!! Poor Kitty. I love the 80year old model one! She looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you never too old to be a model, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky