Sunday, March 11, 2012

All-Nighter Beauty Routine

Let me put it this way: I don't sleep in college. At least, it doesn't seem like I sleep in college. I study at the library until midnight every night, and am in bed by one. Then I'm up at seven the next morning.

And that's a normal day. I haven't pulled a true all-nighter this semester yet, but I know it's coming. And when it does, I'll try to sleep in as late as possible in the morning. I've got a five-minute makeup routine for days like these, and it goes like this:

1. Covergirl Aqua Smoothers in Ivory: this stuff covers everything. Every little blemish, every stress pimple that's popped up in the middle of the night. It basically glides over my face, and I can get it on in under a minute.
2. Covergirl Lash Perfection Mascara in Black: this gives my eyelashes the perfect amount of volume...not too much, not too little. It doesn't clump at all, and is super easy to apply. If you're looking for a natural look that will make you look more awake, this is it.

3. Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner in Soft Black: When you're in a hurry, liquid eyeliner isn't the way to go...it's just too easy to mess up with it. I apply it only on my bottom eyelid on days like this, and use the included blunt tip to smudge it into a more defined line. The eyeliner makes my eyes look bigger, which helps on days that I can't even keep my eyes open in the first place.
4. Covergirl Smoothers Concealer in Fair: This has the same properties of the foundation above. I get it in a shade darker than the foundation so I can cover the dark circles under my eyes as well as the random pimple here and there. It blends in perfectly with the foundation.
5. e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine: I love these little guys! I bought a whole bunch of them a few years ago and keep them everywhere...at only $1, I can afford to lose a few. I have a few in my makeup pouch for when I'm in a hurry. The colors are beautiful, but the glossiness (I guess that's a word?) stays for only about fifteen minutes. However, the color will last all day, so in between classes I use Burt's Bees or Chapstick to keep my lips hydrated.

Hope this helps! Maybe at least these tips will let you sleep an extra five minutes are so next time you have to pull an all-nighter...I know that they help me!

--Becky


4 comments:

  1. I've been in the need of a new eyeliner! Thanks!

    http://dressingupwithdesire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips! Especially since it's already finals week for me. Haha. Happy studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck, I'm sorry! Are you on the quarter system? I have some friends on the quarter system at other schools and they're all taking finals this week too. Good luck studying!!

      Delete

Comments are going to moderation for the meantime. I've just been receiving too much spam! Still, please comment, I'll make sure your comments appear as quickly as possible :) Also, leave behind your blog URL so I can visit it! Thank you!
--Becky